Saturday 17 November 2012

Marvel Chronology

It is my plan to re-read my Marvels in order in which they were published. I won't start this until I've completed my Avengers run which means I need to either wait for the softcover or purchase at vast expense Avengers Masterworks Vol 5 in hardcover. When I do have that I will start.

However, I was wondering how I'm getting on so far.

The Marvel Age started with Fantastic Four #1 cover dated Nov 1961.

I've completed my FF run as well as my Spidey run, but how far have I got with other titles/ characters that I collect and wish to read?

Well checking my collection...

AVENGERS - Masterworks Vol 4 finishes at #40 May 1967

CAP AMERICA - Masterworks Vol 2 finishes at #100 April 1968

IRON MAN - Masterworks Vol 2 finishes at Tales of Suspense # 65 May 1965

DAREDEVIL - Masterworks Vol 3 finishes at #32 Sept 1967

HULK - Masterworks Vol 2 finishes at Tales to Astonish #79 May 1966

X-MEN - reprints to #Uncanny #18 March 1966

So I am currently up-to-date to May 1965 which corresponds to FF #38 and Spider-man #24. So top priority is for another Iron Man Masterworks which would take us to August 1966 when FF 56 was published.


No comments: