Sunday 24 March 2013

Continuing with Howard the Duck

 As I said in a previous post - I'm finding Howard the Duck easier to read in fairly small doses. So I' am breaking up reading the run into 5-6 issue chunks. This last week I've read from 15- 18 plus Annual #1.

The regular issues feaure the villian Dr Bong who I gather is a bit of an arch-nemisis for old Howard.


However the story is interrupted by the infamous issue 16 where Steve Gerber, the writer, gives us a weird essay on the problems of coming up with plots as a writer. Some people loved this issue - I'm not one of them.

Things improve when we return to the regular storyline and at the end of #18 Howard has been transformed into a skinless ape. So I will find out what happens after reading some relatively modern comics featuring the art of Amanda Conner.

No comments: