Saturday 2 June 2012

This weeks reading




I've read a few more Incredible Hulks from 1975. Written by Len Wein they are fairly typical Hulk stories from this period. Herb Trimpe on the art is inking himself though and it's not a good look. Herb needs a strong inker in my opinion and the poor art is quite distracting at times.



I've also read Catwoman Vol 1 by Darwyn Cooke and Ed Brubaker. I've had to sit around in hospital for a few hours a couple of times in the last week and this certainly helped pass the time. I actually think this is my first exposure to Cooke's work and I was mightly impressed. Brubaker takes over the writing for the 2nd half of the book and, whilst probably not as strong as his Captain America or Criminal work, the crime stories were certainly entertaining.

Going to push on with some more Hulks this Bank Holiday weekend. I'm aiming to get to issue 200 before switching to something different again.

No comments: