Wednesday 10 April 2013

Captain America and The Falcon #186





This issue arrived today. I thought I better get this issue quick off ebay (I'd had it on my watch list for a bit) as it has recently been featured on Comics Should Be Good Legends revealed. Here's the link btw.

Anyway Captain America #186 has one of the most controversial retcons in Marvel Comics history, where we learn that Captain America’s partner, the Falcon, was actually a former crook who the Red Skull had used the Cosmic Cube to make into Cap’s perfect partner, all for the purpose of eventually having the Falcon turn on his friend at a key moment…

It also happened to be the last issue I needed to complete Steve Englehart's run and I didn't want anyone else snapping it up out of interest.

Of course I'm not sure when I'll get to read it..probably not this year as the list is already long! But at least I have it and that's another comic run completed.

No comments: